Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

As Good as it Gets

It started with some early morning baking... apricot and marmalade muffins. I can't tell you how good my house smelled... a welcome change from the usual slightly stale sock smell that always seems to linger around in a house of young men... or is that only my house?
 
 
This was followed by a mile and a half walk to the neighbouring village to buy a newspaper and share the muffins with some friends who had invited us over for morning coffee.

 
Then a brisk walk home between rain showers and just time to gets some soup cooking

 
before we were joined by my step daughter and her partner for lunch.

 
There was no time to bake bread so I made savoury cheese scones instead.... which were rather too moreish and I ate more than I intended!

 
And then in the afternoon there was time for a little bit of a play in my sketchbook...

 
... drawing, cutting and sticking!

 
And then even time to get some stitching done too.

 
Stewart has cooked supper... (under close supervision, he wants to learn to cook) which was delicious, we've shared a bottle of wine and now I'm about to relax with a cuppa and my knitting.
 
A day doesn't get much better really... food, friends, family and stitching... just lovely!

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar