Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Feeding The Sparrows and Building a Bird Feeder Stand...


Feeding the birds for my Hubby and myself is something we enjoy very much!

We have always fed the birds in the winter time.
 It was such a nice treat to have a much larger
 Bird feeder made by my Hubby and put right where we could
See the little birds eating every morning!

He used a railroad tie and put it down deep in the ground.
Then of course painted it red, as most my outdoor decor,
And the chairs are all a bright cherry red.

I think this color red is very cheerful and fun!


We did buy a new bird feeder and painted it red also.
I was so excited to come home  and to see this bird feeder stand
Already in the ground!

Living From Glory To Glory Blog
He then secured the new bird feeder on top of the stand.
He also found a vintage ice chest and placed it on the ground below,
Then he filled it with birdseed and added a metal cup to scoop out the seed.
It is nice because we have the feeder and food right there together.

 We live in the desert and the prairie where there is little or no water!
So we always have water available for the birds all year long.
Of course, my bird bath is painted red also.


 This is such a nice and meaningful gift that he made for me!
We both felt like we may be doing a small part, in helping the sparrows.
Jesus speaks about the wee little sparrows;
Maybe as we age, it is part of being used in the feeding and care of these
Birdies that the Lord speaks about!

Look at the birds of the air;
They do not sow or reap or store away in barns.
And yet your heavenly Father feeds them.
Matthew 6:26

Here is a really cute link for making little birdseed ornaments you can hang in a tree.
Bird-seed-ornaments...


I remember how my Mother would tell us to throw the bits of string outside
In the spring time, as she told me the little birds would use it for their nest.

So I tell my grandchildren the same thing;
Even when I cut their hair, I tell them the birds will use it,
To line their nest to lay their eggs in the Spring time!

New Life and Blessings to each of you!

Love,
Roxy











Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar