Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Right Here, Right Now

 

What I'm wearing...funky, geometric leggings and long sleeved, black, waffle weave tee

What I'm reading... I just finished Millie by AnneMarie Brear. It was a good read about the oldest of three sisters and takes place after WWII. Unfortunately, it is the first book in a trilogy and I only have this one. I get most of my books from Book Bub, this one included, and they are almost always free. Lots of times you can get the first book in a series free but you have to pay for the others. My limit for buying books is 99 cents and the second and third books are quite a bit more than that. I'm thrifty... or maybe just cheap! I am also making headway with A Prayer for Owen Meany.

What's happening in my kitchen... we had Cream of Wheat for breakfast, ham and cheese sandwiches for lunch and hubby is making chili and cornbread for dinner. It's all day football today so he's making his chili and bread early and then we just have to heat it up when we get hungry.

What's outside my window... the second sunny day in a row...woohoo! We had so many dreary, grey, gloomy days in a row that I thought maybe the sun was never going to shine again! It's cold... thirty one right now, but it doesn't seem so cold with the sun. We have a lot less birds than usual. I think when we left our feeders empty for a couple of weeks to deter the squirrels our birds found other food sources. the squirrels are gone but so are a lot of the birds. 😕

What I'm thankful for... that our son had a mild case of COVID, is now out of isolation and neither of his boys have showed symptoms.

What I'm smelling... why that chili simmering on the stove, of course! Mmmmmm...

What I'm hearing... "Delicious Miss Brown" is cooking up a family reunion feast on the FoodNetwork.  The dishwasher and washing machine are both running, and of course, the fan!

What I'm crafting...my sister gave me some golf fabric to make pillowcases for my dad. His birthday is on the 17th and he will be 90. Because of the delays in postal deliveries I need to get them in the mail early, Still plugging away on my sweater too.

What's  on my mind... hoping that after the events of last week nothing else happens between now and the inauguration. There are rumors that there is something untoward being planned for the 17th... I hope not. We've had enough.

Words live by... Lately it has sometimes been hard to find the good things, but they are there. We just have to look a little harder these days...



Stay safe and well and
Thanks for dropping by....






Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar