Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

White and Black Sesame Seed Miso Glazed Aubergines

Have rediscovered my white and black sesame seeds for Savoury Broccoli Cake and Black Noodle Salad made quite recently, I have been scattering it generously over various dishes.  

Most recently was when I made Nasu dengaku .   Nasu dengaku  also known as Miso Aubergine is a Japanese dish.  Miso Aubergine seem to be quite popular at the moment and I can uunderstand why they are, but in order to appreciate it, you have to like aubergines.  I think what lifts the aubergine to a different level is the miso glaze and its umami flavours that have grown on me, a bit like Marmite.  
Sprinkled further with black and White Sesame Seed Miso Glazed Aubergines takes this dish to a different level indeed.  
These oven baked Miso Glazed Aubergines were served with a side of steamed white rice, but I must add, some edamame beans would have rounded this dish of perfectly for colour, texture and balance.  
Inspired by this Japan Centre and this other recipe for Nasu dengakuI am sharing this post with Bookmarked Recipes hosted by Tinned Tomatoes.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar